Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Sea Inside Post 1

My general reaction to the movie The Sea Inside is more of mixed feelings. What I mean when I say this is that i thought the movie was an overall good movie, but at the same time it didn't really... get to me. Now that reason might be because it was in Spanish with English subtitles and it's kind of hard for me to take notes and read captions at the same time. Overall though, i found it to be a pretty good movie.

What I think about Ramone's request for suicide assist is that it was okay. I say this because I believe that if someone is in that kind of condition, and wants to die, why not let him? He was miserable, he was a quadriplegic and he felt as if since he could not walk or feel, what would be the point of him living? I think that the court's response to his request was thoughtful, but at the same time not so thoughtful. I understand that it is against the law to kill other people, but in this case, since he could not do it himself, they should've let it happen.

I think that his final action was very clever. Tricking all those people to give him the pills, over drinking and mixing a drug in his drink. Over a long period of time no one suspected that he was going to do what he did. For that, i envy him.

No comments: